Health Care – Overview
- Paper based records are still widely used within various areas of health care, such as in the hospitals, paramedics, medical clinics, etc.
- The management and archival of these documents are time consuming and costly, lost and misplaced records are common.
- On the other hand, the hype of migrating to electronic medical records has been a long and costly path, and often not embraced by medical professionals as first anticipated.
- In reality, these electronic records only represent a portion of the overall record generated.
- Often times medical professionals are spending precious time transcribing, entering and scanning in these records.
- User acceptance is an ongoing challenge for complete adoption of the latest technologies.
- Laptop, tablets are not easy to type on, they require a lot of training, maintenance and support. In a fast-paced environment they are at higher risks of being lost, stolen, or damaged and take up more physical space, especially when attached to its own station on wheels.
- Now you can have the best of both worlds, the simplicity of pen and paper, with the benefits of going electronic without any data entry or scanning with the iFORMation™ Digital Pen Solution.